Stripping / Banding
Description of problem:
Variation in the color intensity that shows every spray pass
– Incorrect spraying technique. The gaps between the spray passes are not constant.
– Spray gun is too close to the panel.
– Spray gun was not maintained perpendicularly to the panel.
– Incorrect spray gun set-up.
– Incorrect spraying viscosity and pressure.
– Flash off time is too short.
– Unsuitable application temperature.
– Unsuitable thinner.
– Use correct spraying technique and spray gun set up.
(The spray pass should normally start at the half way mark of the previous one).
– Follow application recommendation for mixing ratios
(use only manufacturer’s recommended thinners) and spraying pressure.
If the problem is identified early on (before spraying clear coat over the base coat for
example), you can rectify the problem very easily by spraying another pass. Otherwise,
allow to dry completely, sand and repaint.
- TEMATY SZKOLEŃ
- Drying is too slow
- BULLES SOUFFLURES
- Stripping / Banding
- Fish eyes
- Spider’s web
- ATMOSPHERIC POLLUTION
- CRACKING OR RIPPLING
- Loss of gloss
- Low gloss
- ADHESION PROBLEMS OF THE CLEAR COAT
- Orange peel
- Pin holing
- Poor adhesion
- SHRINKAGE / EDGE MAPPING
- Poor opacity
- Color offshade
- SOLVENT POPPING
- Polish marks
- Sanding marks