ADHESION PROBLEMS OF THE CLEAR COAT
– Excessive coat thickness of the basecoat.
– Intermediate and final flash off times of the basecoat are too short.
– Delay between the final coat of the basecoat and the 1st coat of the clear coat.
– Wrong mixing ratio of clear coat/hardener.
– Basecoat surface is contaminated (finger marks, sweat, dust, etc.).
– Do not exceed 3 spray passes of basecoat.
– Observe intermediate and final flash off times.
– Do not wait too long after spraying the final coat of basecoat.
(If a long wait is unavoidable you should sand the basecoat and respray).
– Use the recommended hardener in the correct mixing ratio.
– Avoid any contamination of the basecoat before spraying the clear coat.
– Sand and repaint
- TEMATY SZKOLEŃ
- Drying is too slow
- BULLES SOUFFLURES
- Stripping / Banding
- Fish eyes
- Spider’s web
- ATMOSPHERIC POLLUTION
- CRACKING OR RIPPLING
- Loss of gloss
- Low gloss
- ADHESION PROBLEMS OF THE CLEAR COAT
- Orange peel
- Pin holing
- Poor adhesion
- SHRINKAGE / EDGE MAPPING
- Poor opacity
- Color offshade
- SOLVENT POPPING
- Polish marks
- Sanding marks